Crosby rebounded with his 31st career | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
lily
lily Jan 9
Doughty had 51 points (14 goals, 37 assists) and was plus-24 with 24 power-play points and three game-winning goals when he won the Norris Trophy for the first time. He is on or at a better pace in most of those categories. What helps make him the leading contender for the Norris is his ability to Graham Knott Authentic Jersey forget the rare mistakes he makes rather quickly. After Doughty was beaten on a goal by Vancouver Canucks forward Nikolay Goldobin on Dec. 30, he scored the game-winner in a 4-3 victory. "I don't get dangled very often," Doughty said. "Only the second time I can remember in my NHL career where I got dangled for a goal. I was pretty embarrassed and pretty (ticked) off at myself going into the third period. I knew I was going to do everything in my power to try to help us win that game." His coach's response? "Great players have a Jeremy Roenick Authentic Jersey short memory," John Stevens said. "Not very often that happens. I wouldn't expect to see it again for a while. The NHL schedule is lighter for the next two weeks because each of the 31 teams will take their mandatory five-day break during the next 14 days. Fifteen teams have begun their break; the Arizona Coyotes started Sunday and 14 more started Monday. The break was instituted last season to give the players a chance to get away from the mental and physical grind of the 82-game schedule. Many players and Jonathan Toews Authentic Jersey coaches choose to stay home and relax, but plenty use the time to take a rare in-season vacation, usually reserved for around the All-Star Game. For example, five New Jersey Devils players are taking their families to Orlando, Florida, for what they hope will be a relaxing getaway, even if it means chasing their kids around Disney World for a while. Devils captain Andy Greene said he and his wife, Rachel, will be joined by forward Brian Boyle and his wife, Lauren Bedford; goalie Cory Schneider and his wife, Jill; forward Drew Stafford and his wife, Hali; and forward Marcus Johansson and his wife, Amelia Falk. Between them, Jordin Tootoo Authentic Jersey they're bringing eight kids, all under the age of 4. Greene, Schneider and Boyle each have two kids, Johansson has one. The Staffords are bringing their older son, but leaving their 9-month-old twins at home with grandparents. "It'll be a great trip," Greene said. "We were just spit-balling what we wanted to do. There were a couple different options and that one seemed the most logical and the best." Greene said the wives and kids flew to Orlando on Sunday, when the Devils were in the process of losing 5-4 in a shootout against the New York Islanders at Barclays Center. The players will be flying to Orlando together Monday, and everyone is returning in the evening Thursday.
-
'':
fade
slide
Rating: